Job Title: Auto-Mechanical Technicians
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun State
Job Type: Full Time
Job Brief Our Client, a major player in the Automobile Sector and Sales of Brand new Vehicles and Auto-maintenance, is looking for a goal driven and energetic Auto- Mechanical Technicians
- Examine the general state of gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles to evaluate the vehicle’s overall condition, the reason for any malfunctions, and the need for repairs.
- Use visual or auditory inspection methods to diagnose faults.
- Use specialized test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, and pressure gauges to identify the exact kind or extent of repairs or modifications required.
- Perform required repairs on gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles, using independent judgment and initiative as assigned.
- Complete time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs), including routine and special inspections.
- Determine when and how main components should be pulled down; what parts and mechanisms can be changed, refitted, or replaced with new parts; and the type, extent, and alignment required using technical orders, commercial manuals, or local knowledge.
- Perform bodywork and corrosion control, as well as repainting and refinishing surfaces as needed.
- Repair and replaces body parts, locks, glass, and other items as needed, and decides whether more repairs are necessary.
- Weld, power tools, hand tools, and other specialist equipment are used.
- Cleans, tests, and repairs radiators/oil coolers and associated parts.
- Assists with the examination and upkeep of technical orders, operating instructions, commercial publications, Major Command (MAJCOM) and local publications, as well as other relevant directives.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of proper bench and special stock support levels, as well as the necessary tools and equipment.
- Maintain and uses shop equipment.
- Perform research or assists in the requisitioning of materials, components, and equipment for the vehicle maintenance/management mission.
- Participate as an On-the-Job Training (OJT) instructor in the vehicle maintenance department.
- Conduct instructional classes on all elements of vehicles and assigned shop maintenance support equipment, including methods and procedures for operation and maintenance.
- Operate general and special purpose vehicles, as well as base maintenance and materials handling equipment as needed to support the unit’s mission.
- Plan and schedules drill status guard personnel’ tasks and training activities.
- Maintain, repairs, and modifies various sorts of motor vehicles, both gasoline and diesel-powered, for assigned drill status guardsmen.
- Interact with customers to learn more about the issues they’re having with their vehicles.
- Examine numerous systems of automobiles to identify faults and to help detect components that may be failing, service technicians
- Use computerized diagnostic testing.
- Remove worn or malfunctioning parts and replaces them with new ones.
- Perform routine maintenance such as oil, filter, and belt changes according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Keep meticulous records of all jobs done.
- Automotive Air-Conditioning Repairers: Install and service air conditioners and parts such as compressors, condensers, and controls. Any government regulations that are relevant to their profession are taught to them.
- Adjust brakes, replace brake linings and pads, and perform other brake system repairs. Some mechanics are experts in both brake and front-end repair.
- Will be responsible for aligning and balancing wheels, as well as repairing steering and suspension systems. They frequently use wheel-balancing machines and special alignment equipment.
- Work on transmission gear trains, couplings, hydraulic pumps, and other components. Working on these complicated components necessitates a thorough understanding of computer controls, the ability to detect electrical and hydraulic faults, and other specific abilities.
- Tune-Up Technicians to guarantee optimal engine performance, correct ignition timing, and valves, as well as tune or replace spark plugs and other parts. To isolate and adjust problems in fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems, they frequently use electronic testing equipment.
- 3yrs experience as an an Auto-Mechanical Technicians or in a similar role.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Good communication skills
(Applicants outside Ile-Ife can apply,, accommodation available)
Method of application
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their CV/Resume to email@example.com and the subject should be the job title/ location.